Communications and Marketing Assistant (Summer Student)
Full-time temporary: June 11 – August 10, 2018
“Aspen partners with youth, families and communities to unlock potential and transform lives.
We are about People First, Community Always.”
With a vision of “Together, we will lead the way as agents for action and sustainable change” Aspen Family and Community Network Society has an exciting opportunity for a summer student Communications and Marketing Assistant. You can be a part of this vision by joining Aspen Family and Community Network in this exciting and rewarding summer student role. As the Communications and Marketing Assistant, you will provide support to the Fund Development program. Reporting to the Fund Development Manager, you will gain experience in promoting philanthropic activities, cultivating and stewarding relationships, and developing messaging and collateral to expand the agency’s reach.
OUR EXPECTATIONS AND YOUR LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
The Communications and Marketing Assistant will assist with the following:
- Gathering story ideas and writing blog posts for the Aspen website
- Creatively developing messaging and collateral to support fundraising initiatives
- Designing and implementing Aspen’s new third-party fundraising campaign
- Enhancing Aspen’s donor stewardship plan and activities
- Developing content for Aspen’s social media platforms
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUISITES
This role requires our ideal candidate to possess at the minimum the following:
- Applicants must have attended school full-time in the 2017-2018 academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the fall of 2018
- Education in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations (equivalency will be considered)
- Proven planning, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with communication and marketing
Closing Date: May 29, 2018
Salary: $16.83 per hour
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.