Community Development Worker
Permanent Full Time (37.5 hours/week)
“Aspen partners with you to unlock potential and transform lives”
With a vision of “Together, we will lead the way as agents for action and sustainable change”, Aspen Family and Community Network has an exciting opportunity for a Community Development Worker with the Community Connections Program to support residents in actively contributing to positive changes in their neighbourhoods. This includes supporting families and communities to develop a strong sense of empowerment, ability to make positive decisions and working to eliminate and reduce the impact of poverty. Community Development Workers assist community residents in developing leadership skills, building assets, and becoming more active members of their communities. Some evening and weekend work is required.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide longer term support to individuals, families, and groups to build upon existing assets and achievement in goal-setting
- Connect with community residents, organizations, agencies and businesses to development positive relationships and build networks (through means of door knocking, interacting with community at local events, as well as written and electronic communication
- Assess community needs and interests, and engage residents in community action
- Connect and support access to community services and resources
- Teach leadership and community development skills (i.e. accessing funding and resources, program planning and facilitation, engaging neighbours, etc.)
- Complete regular outcome documentation
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at minimum the following:
- Degree in Human Services Field
- Experience working with individuals and families from a strength-based approach
- Knowledge of Calgary resources and programs.
- Valid driver’s license, driver’s abstract and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Knowledge of community development and empowerment theory and frameworks
- Ability to work in team environments, as well as independently.
- Outgoing, organized, and confident individual.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and data reporting software, as well as basic computer skills.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary Range: $43,384 - 47,130.12 per annum
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
We thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.