Community Outreach Worker
Full Time Term (37.5 hours/week) – October 16, 2017 – July 20, 2018
“Aspen partners with you to unlock potential and transform lives”
With a vision of “Together, we will lead the way as agents for action and sustainable change”, Aspen Family and Community Network has an exciting opportunity for a Community Outreach Worker with the Community Connections Program to support residents in actively contributing to positive changes in their neighbourhoods. This includes supporting families and communities to develop a strong sense of empowerment, the ability to make positive decisions, and working to eliminate and reduce the impact of poverty. Community Outreach Workers assist individuals and families to access basic needs, provide financial literacy support and engage with residents to build supportive relationships in the community. Some evening and weekend work is required.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide longer term support to individuals, families, and groups to build upon existing assets and achievement in goal-setting
- Provide financial literacy support to residents to increase financial capability
- Connect residents to community assets and activities to facilitate the development of supportive relationships and connection to their communities
- Connect and support access to community services and resources
- Utilize the roles of advocate, broker, educator and facilitator to support individuals/families
- Complete documentation and outcome measures
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at minimum the following:
- Degree in Human Services Field
- Experience working with individuals and families from a strength-based approach
- Knowledge of community services and programs
- Valid driver’s license, driver’s abstract and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Starting Salary: $43,384.68 per annum
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
We thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.