Engagement Staff – 1000 Voices
Casual/Relief Term Coverage (February 5 2018 – February 4 2019) – 37.5 hours per week
“Aspen partners in community with youth, families and communities to unlock potential and transform lives. We are about People First, Community Always.”
With a vision of “Together, we will lead the way as agents for action and sustainable change”, Aspen Family and Community Network Society has an exciting opportunity for an engagement staff at 1000 Voices located at the Genesis Centre of Community Wellness. The individual will create and maintain a welcoming environment for the North of McKnight Community. They will be team-focused, community-minded and passionate to engage within a fast-paced environment.
1000 Voices is a community hub within Calgary’s North of McKnight community, where residents, diverse community groups, and service providers share educational, social and cultural activities. This hub offers a wide range of programs, services and community space for families and individuals in this community.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Client Service Excellence
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The responsibilities and accountabilities outlined in this job posting may change as the position evolves along with program changes. The key responsibilities and accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Navigate resources to address community wellness
- Communicate effectively and appropriately amongst all partners
- Project the values of Aspen & 1000 Voices to build strong, supportive, and inclusive community hub by ensuring the space is open and welcoming at all times.
- Manage the central multiline phone system, emails, voice mail, and ensuring messages are transferred or responded to in a timely manner
- Assist with coordinating events and programs at 1000 Voices
- Regularly engage with the community and contribute input to find innovative ways to address community needs
- Other duties assigned to support 1000 Voices team to support the successful operations of the hub
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUISITES
This role requires our ideal candidate to possess at the minimum the following:
- At least one year of experience as a receptionist or office assistant
- Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and other languages preferred
- A friendly, positive, can-do attitude
- Flexible availability for shifts (days/evenings/weekends)
- Cultural sensitivity and appreciation of diversity
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A desire to make a positive impact on the North of McKnight & surrounding communities
- Advanced computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office
Closing date: January 19, 2018
Salary range: $16-$17 per hour
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.