Family and Youth Engagement Worker
Heart of the Northeast Family Centre
Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
“Aspen partners in community with youth, families and communities to unlock potential and transform lives. We are about People First, Community Always.”
With a vision of “Hopeful, connected & sustainable livelihoods for all” Aspen Family and Community Network Society has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Family and Youth Engagement Worker who will engage with families in the Northeast communities of Calgary. The Family and Youth Engagement Worker will provide families with programming and services around parent education, family support, child and youth development, information and resources.
The Family and Youth Engagement Worker will connect with formal and informal partners to provide a comprehensive range of services designed to engage and support families and youth to lead happy, healthy and productive lives at home, school/work and in the community. Some evening and weekend work is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take a lead role in planning and offering a variety of child and youth development programs and parent education workshops
- Facilitate youth and parenting groups and workshops
- Provide services in one-on-one and group settings both on-site and in the community
- Engage with families to share information and supportive referrals to other resources
- Collect data and administer outcome-related measures
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUISITES
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at minimum the following:
- Diploma or degree in Social Work or related field with 2 – 4 years of experience
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience working with diverse populations and families from a strength-based approach
- Knowledge of child and youth development, Triple P and other parenting programs
- Strong facilitation and delivery of youth programming
- Valid driver’s license, driver’s abstract and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Police check including Vulnerable Sector Search, Intervention Record Check, Driver’s Abstract and RSW (if applicable)
- Required training: First Aid, ASIST, Aboriginal, Diversity
Closing Date: August 21, 2017
Salary Range: $40, 159-$43,384
To Apply: Qualified applicants are asked to e-mail their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Aspen, please visit our website at www.aspenfamily.org.