(Focus: Community & Families)
Full Time (37.5 hours/week)
“Aspen partners with you to unlock potential and transform lives”
With a vision of “Together, we will lead the way as agents for action and sustainable change”, Aspen Family and Community Network Society has an exciting opportunity for a Parent Coach position, to engage with the families that live in the North-East Communities in Calgary. North of McKnight Hand in Hand Parent Link Centre is located at 101 – 3901 54 Ave NE. The Parent Coach will provide parents and children programming and services regarding early child development, family enhancement, parent education, developmental screenings and information and resources. Programs and services will be offered in a group setting as well as one to one support with parents and children. Parent coaches also connect with formal and informal partners to provide a more comprehensive service to families living in this area. Some evening and weekend work is required.
The successful candidate must have competencies in child development, community engagement & collaboration, creative problem solving & decision making, team effectiveness, dealing with ambiguity, and cultural competency.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Through formal partnerships with community agencies, provide parented and non-parented early childhood development activities designed to engage parents and children to support healthy growth and development
- Provide parents with information to support and strengthen their skills and confidence in parenting
- Take a lead role in initiating the planning of a variety of parent education workshops and activities
- Work closely with staff at local agencies and service providers to provide families with individualized support
- Provide information regarding recreational activities, summer camps, childcare and other available parenting supports to families in person and over the phone
- Connect with daycares and schools in the surrounding communities to provide information about programming available at the Parent Link Centre and relevant resources in the community
- Communicate to partners and community members through calendar and newsletter distribution
- Discuss and provide (if requested) developmental screening and discuss the results, make appropriate referrals, and follow-up with families
- Assist Parent Coaches by providing childcare during Parent Education workshops
QUALIFICATIONS & PREREQUISITES
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at the minimum the following:
- Diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education or related fields with 3-5 years’ experience (equivalencies may be considered)*
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills* *
- Triple P and Ages and stages would be an asset* *
- Cultural competence knowledge and skills and knowledge of community resources* *
- Ability to work flexible hours* *
- Professional registration required if applicable*
- Current First Aid/CPR, Police Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search), Intervention Record Check clearances are a requirement prior to commencement
- Required Training to be completed: Aboriginal, Cultural, Suicide Intervention, and First Aid
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary Range: $39,372.00 - $43,044.00
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest.
We thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,372.00 to $43,044.00 /year