Youth Matters Support Worker
Full time, 37.5 hours/week
“Aspen partners with you to unlock potential and transform lives”
With a vision of “Together, we will lead the way as agents for action and sustainable change”, Aspen Family and Community Network Society has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Youth Matters Support Worker to engage and increase the capacity of youth and communities.
By providing one-on-one support, developing and implementing age appropriate skill based groups, and providing opportunities for youth to connect to the community, Youth Support Workers support youth in achieving identified goals through advocacy, teaching, modeling and connecting.
- Apply an understanding of the demographics, social issues, needs and strengths of youth and communities.
- Engage and build relationships with, and between, youth, communities, schools, organizations, businesses and service providers.
- Develop, implement and facilitate skill-based activities such as workshops, groups, community events, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate different roles such as support, advocate, resource person and facilitator.
- Increase capacity of youth and communities from a strength-based approach.
- Drive and offer programming from Headspace, a 21 seat, fully equipped mobile unit.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at minimum the following:
- Diploma or Degree in the Human Services field
- 3 years of experience working with youth and communities
- Strong communication, community engagement and relationship building skills
- Understanding of developmental stages and community development
- Valid Class 4 driver’s license
- Training: Aboriginal, Cultural, Suicide Intervention, and First Aid.
- Current Police Check, Intervention Record Check, RSW (if applicable)
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Driver’s Abstract (at time of hire)
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary Range: $40,159 – $43,384 (based on education and experience)
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.